Greetings Shadow Oaks Families!
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year; we have great adventures that await us! My first adventure will be getting to know each of our students and families.
Be sure to say hi when you visit or even in the car rider line. It is important to our children that we work together as a team and family to ensure that every child has emotional, social and academic support.
Shadow Oaks believes every student has the right to realize their potential by committing to their academic and social emotional success in order to be impactful leaders in our world. Each student deserves to be confident, important and valued.
We will have three big goals for our children this year:
1. Every child will receive small group instruction and intervention to strengthen their reading skills and grow in their reading level
2. Every child will have a strong number concept to accurately solve math problems with fluency
3. Every child will be emotionally and socially supported to learn at the start of each day by being warmly greeted and participating in our empowerment time each morning.
How families can support our three big goals:
1. Read together. Take turns reading aloud as a family. Challenge your child to read to you, with you or independently for 20 minutes a night.
2. Do math together! Have your child practice math on Dreambox.
3. Be sure your child has a good night sleep, has their backpack and school supplies prepared the night before, eats breakfast at home or at school each morning, and is on time to start their day off right! Our classes start early right at 7:20 a.m.
I know many of you are excited, as we are, to have back our parent volunteers! Before you can volunteer, you must apply and register with our district. Please go to the link below to register to be a volunteer at Shadow Oaks Elementary. We look forward to working and teaming up with you!
I look forward to having a wonderful year in supporting our school and community. Please reach out if you need anything or have any questions. This year is going to be a great adventure!
Principal at Shadow Oaks Elementary